Account
About People Forums Blogs Photos Videos Groups Events Chat News
  •  

19.07.2011 14:530 people like thisLike

I keep having problems with photo upload.

If I use the flash uploader, it says upload complete but then the photo never appears.

If I use the normal uploader, it just goes completely to sleep.

I've got 3 photos to load so far, after about 20 attempts, very frustrating.

(A couple of mistakes were because the files were too large, but the rest were definitely OK)

Also, a question:

The 5 photos / 1 video limit - is that per member, or just per upload session, per day etc.

It seems a bit silly to limit the actual free contributions to a site...

Janet

19.07.2011 15:260 people like thisLike

Hi Janet!

Please send me a few of the images that you can't upload to: 3xl@lustlovelatex.com

The correct limit for standard members 10 photos / 1 video, no votes or groups admins.

How would you suggest that I limit the free members, if not on content?

What do you think about:

- Number of messages sendt pr. day?

- Number of photo/videos views pr day?

Rainy regards

3xL

19.07.2011 15:321 people like thisLike

Helllo I can't get any of the photo uploaders to work. They just error out or sit there doing nothing. I've tried loads of times on several days.

19.07.2011 15:350 people like thisLike

Hi Helena,

check the file size, the limit is 250 kb pr image file.

If you still have problems, email me the file and I will see what I can do: 3xL@lustlovelatex.com

Rainy regards

3xL

19.07.2011 15:351 people like thisLike

Also I agree with Janet you want people to pay to post their images for other people to be able to view for free. That does'nt make much sense. Why would I want to pay so I can post loads of images for others to see.

Helena.

19.07.2011 15:391 people like thisLike

Hi the images are less than 200kb so its not a size problem.

19.07.2011 17:200 people like thisLike

Also I agree with Janet you want people to pay to post their images for other people to be able to view for free. That does'nt make much sense. Why would I want to pay so I can post loads of images for others to see.

Helena.

I hear you both, but what alternative would you suggest?

3xL

19.07.2011 18:011 people like thisLike

I don't have a problem with the image and video limit, I think that makes sense. What I don't get is the idea of paying when all the person paying gets out of it is to provide images and video for others to view for free. If you wish to show the public lots of your own images then you can do so on yahoo or Flickr without having to pay anyone. I know it costs to host a website, but why not just have a upload limit or host on a free provider if you don't want it to cost you anything?

20.07.2011 17:111 people like thisLike

Hi Janet!

Please send me a few of the images that you can't upload to: 3xl@lustlovelatex.com

The correct limit for standard members 10 photos / 1 video, no votes or groups admins.

How would you suggest that I limit the free members, if not on content?

What do you think about:

- Number of messages sendt pr. day?

- Number of photo/videos views pr day?

Rainy regards

3xL

Here's my reasoning...

You need to make some money, either to pay for the expenses of hosting the site, or just to make a little profit.

I have no problem with that, my own site is free partly because I don't need to make any money from it, and partly because it means I can update whenever I like, and not to a schedule. But I understand that other people need to balance the books.

To do that, you need to encourage contributions, but also encourage people to upgrade to paid membership.

So, the solution should surely be unlimited upload, to give you good quality free content, but limit viewing by "free" members - say 20 photos and 2 videos per day? Hope this helps.

I'll have another go at uploading tomorrow, and if it fails, I'll email you some files.

Janet

16.09.2011 11:411 people like thisLike

Having troubles with videos now - I uploaded one the other day "Gardening in the rain" and it seemed to be OK, in fact it attracted some comments.

But now it's disappeared. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Janet

16.09.2011 11:461 people like thisLike

Gloom.... all my new photos have gone, too.

Gosh this is a shame, it takes time to prepare and post contributions.

Janet

16.09.2011 22:360 people like thisLike

Hi Janet!

Active profiles was deleted the other day when I did some maintenance on the database. As a result Regnfrakker.dk had to be restored within a 6 hours old backup copy. Sadly you uploaded video and photos content at that time, so it was lost.

I'm very sorry for this inconvenience.

Kind regards

3xL

Copyright © 2024 Regnfrakker.dk