Account
About People Forums Blogs Photos Videos Groups Events Chat News
  •  

Quote05.06.2020 18:300 people like thisLike

Hej alle.

Er der nogle der kender noget godt PVC/gummi regntøj der er godt at cykle i både om dagen og natten når det regner?

Quote06.06.2020 12:180 people like thisLike

Alt regntøj kan som udgangspunkt cykles i.. :-)

Det vil altid være et kompromis mellem vandtæthed/åndbarhed, samt anonymitet/synlighed.

Det er min erfaring at lige meget hvad, vil man svede i rentøj, når der Cykles med høj intensitet om sommeren.
Omvendt vil der på køligere tidspunkter, med lav intensitet kunne cykles i det meste regntøj.

Jeg selv cykler alle hverdage i alt slags vejr, året rundt.
Og til og fra job har jeg to forskellige sæt jeg som jeg synes er et ok kompromis, det er:

• Tretorn Sixten, PU regnjakke og bukser. Det kan bruges året rundt, har formsyede knæ, knapper ved anklerne og generelt rimelig “slankt” i modellen. Det er ikke rigtig tykt og kraftigt, men for mig et ok kompromis. Jeg bruger det ofte, også selv om der bare er udsigt til regn. Fåes i navy og gul.
  • FarmerRain. Absolut mere lækkert og kraftigt, men også lidt stivere og varmere at cykle i. Det bruger jeg gerne om vinteren ellers når vejret viser tænder. Det kan fåes med både smæk og alm bukser, samt med knapper eller elastik ved ankler og håndled, Og i en masse farver, alt efter hvad man er til. Og har man behov, kan det fåes med ekstra ben og armlængde, som kan være en fordel på cykel.

Dertil så vil de to sæt nævnt her, i samme farve, minde om hinanden, for det utrænede øje, og det er derfor nemt at skifte imellem de to sæt, alt efter humør og vejr, uden f.eks. Kollegaer undre sig alt for meget ;-)

Jeg har også cyklet i HH highliner, Ocean classic o.lign.... Som begge i mine øjne er fantastisk regntøj! Men det er ikke på cyklen de har sin styrke.
Den bredde pasform tager vind, og der skal tricks til for at de bredde, men ikke alt for lange bukseben ikke kommer ind i kæden o.lign.

Der findes mange mere “cykelspecifikke” regnsæt, som sikret har sine fordele, men jeg har ikke fundet nogle, som samtidig bare har lidt “regntøjs følelese” over sig....

Quote06.06.2020 15:020 people like thisLike

Lyder ok

jeg skal til at cykle på job hverdag ca 5 km i alt hade overvejret noget Ocean eller Viking men kan godt se det der med at det tager meget vind da det er noget stort i det.

hvad for et Farmer set har du evt?

Quote07.06.2020 11:310 people like thisLike

@ Rainwear _76

Google translate gave a good translation of what you said, i hope you understand English well enough. Sorry, my *insert any Scandinavian language* is no good ;)

Currently usually high Aigle boots, Helly Mandal (good sizing but very stiff material and boring cut, especially the newer versions) or AJ group 350g pants (both starting to wear) and Helly Highliner jacket in M, fits me perfectly, NICE. Black rubber gloves in varying sizes with latex gloves underneath in summer, textiles gloves in between the two in cold weather and without the latex ones and hidden under fingerless bicycle gloves for going to work ;D

We all know how strange the cuts on some rainwear are. HH Nusfjord comes to mind, where a size L jacket is about XXL. Or some random very good nonbranded rainwear (seems to be very similar to ocean and 66) that is a size M and fits me right (i am neither small nor very light, standard male body type, really) but then the arms and legs are so short that you see half a mile of rubber gloves up the arms when cycling and the pants almost slip over the boots, letting rain in. Goodness why....

I have found that the regular, non-bib rainpants by Dolfing from NL are quite long. M is a bit snug and not quite long enough, L is almost too long for me. Very cheap too if you are in DE or NL. https://www.arbeitsschutz-arbeitskleidung.de/for DE

I have two brand new pairs because i am still using up a rather worn out pair of yellow rainpaints currently - i bicycle a LOT. Including to work.

So i also have that problem of "can't really use more than 1 1/2 "extreme" rain outfits or people look funny. Which is why i am trying to wear out the old pair first.

Rainwear is great in Winter. With the wind protection of a full suit, a cozy woolen jacket keeps you very warm. I wear it a lot as practical everyday stuff.

Regarding farmerrain: I have been planning to buy something, preferrably something useable for everyday life because i already have enough too shiny, too heavy or too weirdly cut fetish rainwear. I want more stuff that is heavy and well made but nice, low key and stylish like the nice farmerrain cuts in heavy but matte material.

So how is the sizing ? You say the pants are long ? How are the overalls ? The Website says 87cm leg length for L size pants, that would be pretty much my size. The size L Overall says 181 cm total, but not the coordinates. Seam to Neck would be plenty, Seam to tip of the hood would be a bit too small. Which indicates that they are pretty much on size.

That would be real nice. Maybe a black overall and a nice Jacket or Anorak with pockets and non-baggy cut to wear with the new dolfing pants.

Quote07.06.2020 17:260 people like thisLike

Hi.

Great to hear, that other than me here, are interested in finding some good, usable, practical,rainwear to use on the bicycle..

@nyGummifyr – Det er altid lækkert at kunne cykle til job, også i regnvejrWink
Jeg har skrevet lidt flere detaljer på mit regntøj nedenfor.

@Rainwalker – Sounds great with all your cycling and the Dolfing gear looks good to the price.
I’m sure, there are many good rainclothes out there, which will do the job on the bike, but here is what I’m using:

Tretorn Sixten, PU rainwear: (Not the newer version 2.0)

• Jacket/Regnjakke: Tretorn Sixten, navy blue/marineblå, Size M
  • Pants/ ”Midjebyxa”,Color: Navyblue/marineblå, size: M,

Farmerrain
The Farmerrain rainwear, are in my opinion, a bit slimmer than ordinary Ocean, HH, Viking models. But I have custom ordered the below rainwear, to get an even tighter fit. This can be done just as you want it, but costs a bit more.

For info am I 1,78cm/75 kg and are still able to have a warm layer inside.

• Bibpants/”Jollebyxa” with buttons/trykknapper at ankles. color: navy blue/marineblå, size: XS, Extra length/benlængde "C" total on 82 cm.
  • Pants/ ”Midjebyxa” with buttons/trykknapper at ankles, color: Navyblue/marineblå, size: Xs, Extra length/benlængde "C" Total: 82 cm.
  • Jacket/”Seglerjacka”, color: navy blue/marineblå, str. S, arms extra + 5 cm, +buttons/trykknapper instead of elastics ved armslutning
Quote07.06.2020 18:410 people like thisLike

Thanks for replying ! Size XS. Wow ! Im about 1,85 and a few kilos heavier right now, but when i have enough time for Sports i usually weigh no more than 80 Kg either. So their cuts are also along the weird tradition of making stuff so large it is an impediment to work and motion. Why....darn.

But it makes sense. Kinda. Everything but legs and arms says i should buy M, according to their table. And that is probably still sized for spaciousness. That means i could probably get away with S if i really wanted to. M with a couple cm added on the extremities would be a safe bet.

If you are 178 and fine with 82 cm i would probably need about 90 because my legs are about 82cm to begin with, needing more space when bicycling.

Maybe i need to just go to Sweden and say hello, i need some vacation anyways, once this pestilence is full and well over. Would be real nice to try somethings on in their store before buying or even ordering something that sounds ridiculous like size s :D

What is the pricing on custom like ?

Quote07.06.2020 23:220 people like thisLike

Yes, it's pretty wild, that I ended up in a size XS pants... And I guess I might could have had the jacket in XS as well.
My best bid, would be that you should order size S, and then add length...
Farmerrain are normally pretty fast to answer on their Farmerrain e-mail, alternative you can reach them here on the site. - They can give you the exact price. At the time I bought, I ended up roughly giving 50% extra for the custom design.

Copyright © 2024 Regnfrakker.dk