Account
About People Forums Blogs Photos Videos Groups Events Chat News
  •  

Quote24.05.2021 09:190 people like thisLike

Ive made a strange observation. I once bought a pair of the Strong/NGR black Pros Waders in 45 and have basically never worn them much because the boots were HUGE. Now i recently came across a green par of regular green AJ/Pros 45 waders in a shop and the boots were tiny, almost painful.

Now i looked up the specs on the website and the boot insole lengths are tiny for both regular and shiny waders. Anyone can confirm or add to the discussion ? if not, take it as a warning, they seem to have adjusted boot sizes on their stuff by what feels like 2 sizes down....

Quote03.06.2021 05:400 people like thisLike

Yes - I noticed the same, the sizing is different depending on model. I guess it is because they use different boots for different waders. Some have safety boots some have lighter regular boots.

As these boots come from different manufacturers they almost certainly have different sizing. I don't think AJ Group manufactures everyting themselves, but merely assembles the boots sourced elsewhere to the rest of the waders.

-Joha-

Quote06.06.2021 14:130 people like thisLike

Thanks for responding.  already thought nobody cares about stuff being so much off you can barely walk in it ^^

Now differences between models i would expect. But - at least if i trust the tables - it seems they have also made some changes within models. I bought the heavy 1000g waders without realizing there was a table with details measurements because that particular online shop forgot to provide it. So i bought a size 45 and it is enormous. Forgot to send it back, too. Still have them. Later found the table on AJs website and it said like insole length 31 or something. Which is like 2 sizes above what 45 is usually (around 29,..). After that experience in the shop with the 700g waders i consulted the tables again - years later. Now the simple ones are 29,2 and the heavy ones are 29,5. Which is what it should be. Now i am wondering.....have they just adjusted the table to look more correct or have they fixed the heavy duty model as in downsizing the boots to what it should be.

In other words, do i reorder a  size 45 and hope it is correct now or do i order a 44 and hope it is not too small. Dear oh dear, the mess with rainwear sizing. I often wonder why it is so hard for manufacturers to just say: Warm clothing included/excluded in sizing....pick one size down for summer use....

Quote07.06.2021 10:010 people like thisLike

Have you tried thick insoles and layers of thick socks?

Copyright © 2024 Regnfrakker.dk