Account
About People Forums Blogs Photos Videos Groups Events Chat News
  •  

Quote22.01.2013 14:160 people like thisLike

There are rumours that May Rain /April Rain will stop making rainwear. Is this true?

There are only two manufacturers of the childish style rainwear bibs in adult sizes (May Rain is one), so that would be sad.

http://www.mayrain.fi/Buy.html (see Fun Rain)

Quote22.01.2013 16:160 people like thisLike

Yes, it is true. www.rainwear-shop.com  in Germany has still a few remaining items for sale. MayRain will sell a few remaining items to the local market. Then it's finished. That's the bad and sad news.  

But then there are also good news. I have understood that www.farmerrain.com  has new plans to introduce new colours and materials to their program with the new partner Abeko. Let's hope that everything is progressing positively.  

Juppe

Quote22.01.2013 21:571 people like thisLike

It is indeed sad about the closing of April/Mayrain. I was hoping to get a set of Joker rainwear sometime in the future, but alas, that may not be possible. However, as Juppe mentions, the recently made deal between Grundens and Abeko sounds very promising to me. Thus far, we haven't seen much, except for a (gorgeous)set of pink rainwear which is a must have. But let's hope, that they will carry on the tradition of making quality, childish rainwear, so that us lovers of it still can buy it. I would love to see some multicoloured or patterned set of rainwear from those companies. If not, then a regular set of jacket and bib n' braces in a bright colour is still good enough for me:). Let's hope(and make sure) that this partnership will go on for many years to come.

We salute you April/Mayrain, and welcome Grundens-Abeko.

Quote28.01.2013 12:580 people like thisLike

Interesting, before I got in contact with April-Rain regarding what would become the Fun-Rain collection I actually discussed things with Abeko and even got as far as paying for the initial production run when they backed out of the deal as they were scared that they would get bad publicity. I guess things have changed. :) Just a pity that Abeko seems to have abandoned the heavier materials in their rainwear.

Quote28.01.2013 22:580 people like thisLike

Hejsan Rainydays,

jo, jag minns nog de tider...men kolla farmerrain, det lär väl bli också tyngra materialer från Abeko, om jag har förstått det rätt.

Quote29.01.2013 19:320 people like thisLike

Dom har informerat mig att dom har samlat ihop alla deras prima men också returnerade, halvfärdiga, lite begagnade plagg osv, och gör en lista med prisindikation. Det är vara ca 50 st.  Jag får sen listan och beroende på hur entydig den är så publiserar jag den här. Jag har också bett om att ha lite bilder, annars kan det vara svårt att avgöra i vilket skick plaggen är.

Quote06.02.2013 00:040 people like thisLike

Hello,

the list of the remaining items is ready. I have published it in the Yahoo group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/colourfulrainwear/

It is only in Finnish but as every single item is photographed and the sizes and colour codes are easy to recognize, I hope those of you interested may get enough information of it. There is only one of each, so 'first come - first served', totally 51 items.  

The orders should be sent to the email address mentioned in that list. The items are sold as such, no return, no change, no refund.

Don't wait too much, the discounts are not substantial and there are a lot of items, which may not be the kind of rainwear that interest a true rainwear fan. Also some of the loyal customers have received the same list earlier so the most interesting items may already have been sold, but don't let me discourage you too much.

Altså listan på Aprilrain/Mayrain återstående plagg finns i Yahoo gruppen vars länk du kan se ovan. Listan är på finska men med bilder. Bestelningarna till mejladdresset som står på listan. 

...och tack farmerrain att du håller i livet det som många av oss anser som de bästa - de barnsliga galonställ Tongue out

Quote28.02.2013 17:570 people like thisLike

Uppdate for AR situation. ABout half of the rest items on that special list are sold, obviously the most interesting items. The number of 'last minute orders' has been overwhelming. Their delivery time for these orders is estimated 4 to 5 weeks. Some preference is given to export orders. I noticed from the photo page that Ocean Nick has received his new coverall which was made of one of those non standard rest materials. At the moment they do not take any more orders. After all these orders are made, they'll see the situation with fabrics and will inform what eventually can still be made. Their decision to close down after that is still firm.

Are there others that have ordered items of the non standard colour fabrics, would be nice to see pics.

Copyright © 2024 Regnfrakker.dk