Account
About People Forums Blogs Photos Videos Groups Events Chat News
  •  

Quote18.03.2021 13:040 people like thisLike

What has happened to this website as I tried to log in a few weeks ago and could not get in. I tried to recover my password but was told my email was not registered. So I signed up again to find my original profile gone - what happened? has the site had issues of late ?

Quote18.03.2021 13:470 people like thisLike

So a quick look around and I can see old posts I made in the forum and they seem to still link to my new profile.

But all my pictures are gone. I went back through the photos back around 2500 days and nothing - so not sure how pictures can be deleted but posts can remain. It's all entries in the database after all.

My worry is that those photos were uploaded to the server that this website runs off, so even if they do not appear online they will be on that server somewhere yet I have no control over them, even to delete them.

I did email support when I could not get into the sit, but received no response at all

I would love one of the admins to please email me or message me back to try and shed some light on what happened here.

Did you do a clear out of members that have not interacted with the site for a period of time?

Were you hacked?

Did you move servers and lose bits in the move?

Confused is an understatement here.

Quote18.03.2021 22:070 people like thisLike

In response to your first question, 6-8+ years (could be more) Regnfrakker.dk created a "new" website where everyone had to start over. In response to your second question 3-4 years ago (could be more or less) Regnfrakker changed hands (3xL was no longer able to run it due to personal life responsibilities) and the new admins did a clean up of duplicate/excessive photos and possibly dealt with accounts that had not been logged into for a very long time in order to improve web hosting abilities. With that being said, a combination of the above factors are probably why your account has a clean slate so to speak.

Quote18.03.2021 22:200 people like thisLike

Thanks for that. 
I was aware of both of those as I used to visit the site a lot. Not sure when I last logged in but it was probably the first half of 2020 so my account was not deleted during any of those periods.
still hoping one of the admins can explain it in greater detail.

Quote22.03.2021 13:120 people like thisLike

It's been some days now since I signed up again to this website. Still no real answers as to what happened and sadly no contact from any of the admins here.

Is this site still being looked after or has it become left behind as real world issues take over?

It would be good to find out what happened. I have emailed the admins and am awaiting some sort of response if thats possible.

Thanks

Quote24.03.2021 09:570 people like thisLike

Hi All

I am sorry for not seeing this, I help as an admin for Graham that took over from 3xL

I will have a look and see if I can find your old profile as a "deleted" profile. We changed quite some things on the server last summer, and one of the things was to log when a user asked to delete Profile, then we keep the name of the profile along with date and time, but all other data is gone.

I will update You here when I have investigated on this.

Best regards

Grsr / Lars

Quote24.03.2021 18:590 people like thisLike

Thanks Grsr / Lars

Interesting to know and I would be interested to find out more as I never asked for my profile to be deleted. Look forward to hearing more information as and when you find it. Thanks

Quote07.04.2021 12:310 people like thisLike

Hi there

Any updates on what happened?

Reluctant to add any new content here until I know what happened and where my old images have gone

thanks

Quote08.04.2021 09:450 people like thisLike

Hi JacketBound

Well sorry for being so lazy, answering your question.

I really cant tell you exactly what could have happened. We have backups of the server 180 days back, and in the oldest Backup I have restored ( October 3, 2020) I can find your old profile but still in the Table where profiles are written to, when user don't want to be a member on regnfrakker.dk anymore.

On the "deleted" profile it say You last logged in on December 7, 2019 at 16:46 and that is also the date where the profile went away. I can see that that it was done through the "Unregister-process" which means from the UI, when user is logged in. If we did it as an admin, there would be no trace and no deleted profile. We don't delete profile under normal conditions, community is for all lovers of raingear

Your email address was the same as on your current profile, so if You used that for password recovery, you should have received an email.

If You logout using the button on regnfrakker.dk on your profile, the unregister button is just left to logout, but even if you hit unregister, you will get a warning and confirm your choice.

I will go and restore the entire backup on my develop/test server, but it will take some time as lots of data. Will have a look and see if anything is left like pictures etc. but I don't think so as it was the unregister-process that did it.

Very sorry I can't tell you for certain what have happened.

I have not heard any other users having this kind of problems, new profiles comes and goes every day..

Best regards

Lars

Quote08.04.2021 13:200 people like thisLike

Lars

Thanks for taking time to look into this and trying to find out what has happened.

Interesting to note that my last login was 2019  I thought it had been more recent that that to be honest.

I have never tried to delete my account on this website so not sure if that means my account was hacked or something similar?

I did try several times to recover my password using my email but all I got was messages saying no email found to match the account. I then did email the admins on the site using the contact us feature but received no reply emails at all.

Going forward I would appreciate it if any photos / videos or other content are put back onto my account so that I have control over it. Then I can decide what to do with it. If that is going to take time and I don't want to cause you work, then I will be happy to delete all photos / video content from your servers that is associated with my account but I will need confirmation that it has all been removed and destroyed so cannot be used in future.

Not sure what happened here. It's a shame as it's left me feeling like my details and information / photos are out of my control which in this day and age is a bad thing.

Hopefully we can resolve this and then I can work out my next steps but right now I just want to know my data / photos are either returned or destroyed.

Thanks again

Quote12.04.2021 12:250 people like thisLike

Hi again Jacketbound

I have looked over the backups, we have and from the oldest the only thing I can find is Your "profile" in the table Profiles-deleted. There are no photos, Videos left on the server associated with your old profileID in the database. Also checked the actual picture/Video files and not found any. There are some areas of regnfrakker.dk, where the link is based on the user profile name, so you may find some comments or old posts in a forum.

I am sorry that I can't tell you exactly why the profile was deleted at some point, but it is NOT likely that it was hacked. I have never heard that our site was hacked. We do NOT store any passwords anywhere on the server for the same reason, and the only one who can ask for a password reset is through the email, and then have have access to your email as well, as it is a link you have to use for the reset option. We store 2 different algorithm's on the profile, and when you type in your password they are used make sure your password is correct and let you in.

Best regards

Lars

Copyright © 2024 Regnfrakker.dk