Account
About People Forums Blogs Photos Videos Groups Events Chat News
  •  

Quote20.06.2021 07:561 people like thisLike

Hey everyone,

I am new here and from the south of Germany. I could also write in german, but for our international members english is probably a little bit easier (but you can also answer in german).

I like rainwear and other waterproof sportsgear. I am mainly into these nylon/polyamid/polyester Rainpants with a smooth inside. It feels great when i dont sweat an the smooth material glides above the skin. I have not tried heavier Raingear with PU coating or Rubber. Maybe one day i will get myself a farmerrain bib or something. It looks like the main focus of this forum is on PU and Rubber gear, i hope here are also some people like me that are into the thin and lightweight rainwear (:

Sadly i can not wear rainwear at home because i am still living with my family, thats also why i dont have that much. Does your family/friends know about your raingear?

Sometimes i wear a rainpant for sleeping, but only when it is not to hot, i dont like exessive sweating.

To have some fun outdoors i ride my bicycle in the evening when it is dark outside. I dress up in the shed my bicycle is inside or some other place no one can see me. I am doing it when its dark because i dont like to get accidently spottet by people i know. And it is also not that common to walk around in raingear in my area.

How is it in other countrys? Do you even stand out when you are wearing a rainjacket, rainpants and boots in public (especially in the northern country near to the sea)?

Quote30.01.2022 17:120 people like thisLike

Hello & welcome! I hope you can find a home here amongst like minded individuals. You are more than welcome to be friends with me if you want too! :)

So, I'm from the US (specifically Texas) & rainwear is an absolute rarity where I live. In fact, you would be hard pressed to find any store that sells adequate rainwear here. It's pretty disappointing as I haven't really been able to reach out to a local community of like-minded people. Even simply being into rubber and latex is rare here. It does rain here substantially during some seasons and we're actually prone to flooding so even wearing rainwear for when the weather calls for it is not common. For some reason people just don't. I'm sure there's weird cultural factors at play. But I digress...

It's always interesting to see how many people are into these things in European countries versus here in the US. Haha.

Copyright © 2024 Regnfrakker.dk