Account
About People Forums Blogs Photos Videos Groups Events Chat News
  •  

Quote15.02.2018 17:440 people like thisLike

Hi all

I am selling off what stock I have left over from AJ Group - so if you want a bargain !! Head over to

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/tlharley/m.html?item=183076801532&var=&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Some unique items - once they are gone - they are gone. I have a few other items I have not listed - so if you want a specific item - get in touch - but this represents most of what is left.

Quote17.02.2018 12:340 people like thisLike

Do you know what is going on with all that ? Aj group seems to have major Problems? Some of their distributors closed doors, many workwear companies in Germany no longer sell their product, yet their website seems to expand with more and more designs. Are they at capacity and sold out for years to come ?

Quote18.02.2018 14:080 people like thisLike

Hi

Thanks for the information

I am not sure what is happening with AJ Group.

I visited them back in February 2017 and had a very productive meeting and tour of their facilities. All was looking good for the future and they were very happy to work with us even though we are quite small compared to some of their companies they supply.

Then about a month or two later they had various meetings and informed us that they would no longer produce anything for us in small quantities - so we have to place orders of certain numbers for anything that was not 'off the shelf'. Then we started to have even more problems with them on delivery times. The promised 3 weeks turnaround time(their timescale suggestion, not ours) started to go as far as 12 weeks on some occasions.

We worked closely with them on a UK trade show, having promotional material made in an effort to become their main UK supplier. When we saw the images from the trade show we were left feeling insulted as a banner in the background clearly said "Looking for new UK Suppliers - get in touch to become a UK outlet".

Then the biggest problem we had was when we started to produce a new item for our company. We spent around 8 months making designs with them and also had samples made and AJ Group were more than happy with everything, so we placed a large order for these items. Another company complained that the item was 'similar' to one they sold but as they had no patents or copyright protection we proceeded with the item. AJ got cold feet. They pulled out of the deal with no explanation or no reasons. There was no legal reason why we could not produce the items. They even asked us to accept all liability should any problems occur. We paid for solicitors to draft up legal paperwork to that effect and they still just pulled out at the 11th hour. They just did not want any fuss from a smaller company.

With all these things in mind we closed our dealings with AJ Group. Having a good relationship with a supplier is key and it was getting to the point where they were not answering emails, not communicating with us properly when they were and kept changing their minds on things. Impossible to work with from our point of view as we expect a professional relationship.

When I toured their factory you see the scale of their work - they produce Stutterheim clothing, 66 North clothing, their own range plus also lots of other things (like rainwear for dogs and kids). I got the impression they were producing to the max and were not able to cope with the smaller companies anymore, unless you were prepared to wait a long time for goods.

I read online about their factory trying to expand to meet this - and they certainly have the space for this - but the main problem was staffing. From what I read they do not pay the best to the workers so most were coming in from outside the country. If you look at how much AJ Group items are, they are the cheapest supplier to buy from - those prices are low for a reason - their overheads are low, hence staff costs look like being low.

Thy still maintain a presence at various trade show trying to attract new business.

It is a shame as AJ Group products are great. The company, however, are far from great to deal with. We also saw slips starting to occur in the quality. Zips breaking, seams ripping, studs not being installed properly.

So if you now tell me that shops are closing I think maybe we will see AJ Group eventually move to a position where they only work in bulk for companies, which means smaller cheaper companies like ours can't keep going.

I guess we will see what happens going forward.

Quote19.02.2018 12:290 people like thisLike

Yeah, looks like this. Around.....two years ago the market was being flooded by AJ group stuff. I had never heard of them (i am actually not as much a rainwear fetishist as i am a general kinkster), then suddenly two companies starts selling gorgeous rainwear for unbelievably cheap prices. Like a whole wader suit with boots for 50 Euros and the best NGR waders for 40. Got my attention. Then suddenly they were EVERYWHERE. Now most items are sold out :-/ everywhere and some folks, like you, seem to have closed sales alltogether.

We shall see.

Quote18.03.2018 15:070 people like thisLike

We are going through the last of our boxes of rainwear we have left and putting them onto eBay.

Plus dropping prices of anything that has not sold yet - most items selling at cost price or less in order to shift what is left

So - last chances to grab yourselves a real bargain !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/tlharley/m.html?item=183133757285&var=&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Quote19.03.2018 20:180 people like thisLike

The last of the stock is selling well - and fast

So there are not that many items left for sale

Anybody interested in buying anything - if its still on sale then feel free to email me an offer - as all offers considered - more chance if you are buying multiple items !

Copyright © 2024 Regnfrakker.dk